Take the 40 Reasons “Why Do You Write?” Challenge
Why do I write? Good question. 40 reasons? Seriously?!
Okay. I can do this. Challenge excepted! Read on…
Would you like to accept the 40 reasons why do you write challenge?
(Yes, I made it up.)
If so, take the challenge (dare you!) by posting your reasons on your blog and then come back here and post the link to your list in the comments. You get extra awesome points if you link back to this post.
If you don’t have a blog, feel free to create your list in the comments or on Medium or wherever you like.
1) I Write because I’m compelled to.
2) I write to be remembered. To leave something of myself behind.
3) I write to reveal my truest thoughts.
4) I write to feel love.
5) I write to release anger.
6) I write to be me.
7) I write because I have stories to tell.
8) I write to change lives.
9) I write to find my way.
10) I write to connect.
11) I write to live a purposeful life beyond the daily grind of 9 to 5.
12) When someone asks me my profession, I can say I’m a writer.
And yes, I’m proud to be a writer!
13) I write to inspire others.
14) I write because I’m inspired by others.
15) I write for clarity.
16) I write because it’s liberating.
17) I write because I crack myself up and I want to make others laugh, too.
18) I write because I’m fortunate enough that I can and I want to respect the creator for giving me this gift.
19) I write to express my uniqueness and that’s something no one can take away from any of us.
20) I write to feel awesome. It makes me feel like a badass.
21) I write in the hopes that others will follow my lead as I have followed the lead of so many others.
22) I write because the haters force me to continue and I secretly love pissing them off. I know, that’s juvenile, and I don’t care. At least I’m being honest.
I even go so far as to leave them small typos from time to time, just to fill them with glea. See? Try it sometime, it’s free giggles.
23) Because I think a lot and if I didn’t have a journal to write in I would go crazy or my head would explode, and those outcomes are not acceptable.
24) I write because it’s the audacious thing to do.
Yes, darn it, I have the audacity to be a writer. Hell, I helped write the book! Call yourself a writer if you own it, read it and have it in your bathroom next to the toilet, for you know… those precious alone moments.
25) I write because I’ve failed at so many things to the point of moving on from them, but writing isn’t one of ’em. Slush piles be damned, I keep writing.
I mean, common, don’t they realize I’m creating magic with my words? Magic, I say!
26) My words deserve to be written. (And, by the way, so do yours!)
27) Writing makes me happy.
28) Writing makes me better.
29) I watched Star Wars and was taken in by The Force to start writing. True story.
I’m secretly a Jedi. Don’t tell.
30) Writing is my creative outlet.
31) Writing is my thoughts outlet.
32) I write because it is cathartic and empowering.
33) I write to repeat myself and readers will notice. That’s when you know they’re paying attention.
34) I write because I’m always fascinated and writing allows me to explore what fascinates me.
35) Writing is my chi.
36) My Id is always talking in my head and I feel compelled to record his wants, needs, and his inexhaustible ramblings.
37) I write to shed my doubts, and I tell ya, I have plenty. So there are always words for my journal.
But truth is, once I journal I feel better and most importantly, less doubtful.
38) I write to stop and smell the roses to discover the positives. Once I started writing them I discovered there are so many more than I realized. Give it a try. There’s another world out there that we walk past every day without noticing.
39) Because someone once told me writers are hot. It’s a shameful admission, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.
When you’re hot, you’re hot!
40) I write because I love to write, always have. Always will.
Now it’s your turn. Take the challenge and post your link in the comments. For a writer like you, 40 reasons should be a breeze. Invite your writer friends to take the challenge too.
Have fun with it. You magic creator you!