The Very Best Articles on Writing for 2014 (on Positive Writer)
Practice means what it says: writing is something to be done over and over, something that improves through the repetitive doing but that needs not be done perfectly. ~Julia Cameron
It’s that time again, it’s the end of the year roundup! (Oh, my bad, this is the very first ever end of the year roundup from Positive Writer. Enjoy!)
I wanted to do something a little different with this roundup: Instead of me choosing my favorite articles of 2014, I thought it would be cooler, funner, and, well, overall just plain better to have you, the readers, choose the best articles of the year.
The way I’ve done that is by selecting the posts with the most “shares,” which was easy to do by analyzing the ‘sharethis’ plug-in stats. Each of the below posts went viral with a minimum of a thousand shares. However, not all of them were written by me, our guest writers rocked it, too!
Before we get to the articles I want to say thank you for reading Positive Writer and thank you for making my first book on writing, “Writer’s Doubt,” #1 on Amazon during the week when I did the review promotion. The reactions to the book have been overwhelmingly positive, beyond my greatest expectations.
Without further ado, the very best articles on writing for 2014 on Positive Writer:
- Why No One Is Paying Attention To You (And How to Change It)
- Why Your First Draft Is NOT Crap
- How To Become A Prolific Writer While Holding Down A Day Job
- How to Write Your Story in 6 Steps by Claire DeBoer
- Why You Need To Risk Writing Something Dangerous
- A Crazy Myth Writers Need To Kill
- Why You’re Not Finishing the Writing You Started by Shanan Haislip
- 6 Quick Tricks to Help You Tighten Up Your Writing by C.S. Lakin
- How To Motivate Yourself Right Now!
- 3 Myths That Hold Your Best Writing Back
These posts haven’t yet reached a thousand shares, but they are recent posts and are well on their way to reaching the 1K milestone.
- 9 Ways to Promote Your Writing Without Being a Jerk
- 2 Insanely Simple Steps For Becoming A REAL Writer by Marcy McKay
- The Audacity to be a Writer
Happy New Year! And may your 2015 be the best year ever.
What are YOUR writing goals for 2015? I’d love to know, so share them in the comments if you like.